February 24, 2007

Low Carb Recipe Book Recommendations

(Before I start this post I want everyone to understand that the Amazon links below are to my associate account with Amazon. What does that mean? It means that if you purchase something from Amazon by going through my link I will earn a few pennies for providing the link. Do I make a ton of money? Nope. Does it make your price higher if you use my link? No, you still get the usual Amazon price. Put another way, if you don't use my link and buy it anyway, no one gets the referral pennies and Amazon keeps it all. I think it a nice compliment for people to use my links as a way to say "thank you" for writing the posts, reviewing the books, and preparing the links so you can quickly get to books I am recommending - and not having to spend a lot of time searching the web. One other thing and that is be sure to check the used prices listed with each Amazon product. Sometimes folks are selling these books dirt cheap and yes, you pay for shipping - verses Amazon's free shipping if you purchase $25 or more - but sometimes even with the shipping added in you can save a lot of money over the "new" price. Sometimes there isn't much difference and then I always prefer to buy it new myself. Just so you know, I've looked for books on Ebay and never found any good deals on the low carb books I have looked for. Be smart and savvy always when going through even Amazon's used book sellers. Look at their rating and try to go with a 95% or higher rating if you can.)

So far my favorite low carb recipe book author is Dana Carpender. I like how she lists the carb, fiber and protein counts, I like how her recipes taste and I really appreciate the information in the beginning of each book that teaches you so much about low carb meals and different products to use.


Here are a few I haven't seen, but I have heard good things about:

These are the two dessert low carb books I have and like:

And last, I have one of these from the Library but haven't gotten to look at it yet, but Sharron Long comes highly recommended for low carb recipes:

No comments: